Online registration for the 26th Annual NYC Century Bike Tour closed at 11:59 pm on September 10th.
Day-of registration for the 35, 55, 75 and 100-miles routes will be available on Sunday, September 13th
in Central Park (110th Street and Lenox Avenue) from 5:30 am
in Prospect Park (Park Circle: Prospect Park Southwest and Parkside Avenue) from 6 am
Price: $90 non-members, $80 members, $55 youth
And, whether you ride or not, please join us for a more-fabulous-than-ever Finish Festival in the northern end of Central Park on Sunday from 11 am to 5 pm.
26th Annual NYC Century Bike Tour
Explore and Experience New York City Like Never Before!
The nation’s only all-urban 100-mile bike tour is as challenging or relaxing as you choose, but always fun and rewarding. Choose between two starting points (Prospect Park and Central Park) and 35, 55, 75 and 100-mile rides. No matter which route you choose, you will be fully supported by experienced marshals and mechanics along the route with plentiful food available at scenic rest stops. Plus, all riders will receive a commemorative t-shirt and water bottle on ride day.
The NYC Century is a program of Transportation Alternatives, New York’s leading advocate for bike and pedestrian safety. When T.A. inaugurated the NYC Century Bike Tour in 1990, New York City streets had few greenways and even fewer bike lanes. The Century attracted about 200 dedicated New York City bicyclists, many of whom were daily bicycle commuters already fighting hard for better bicycling conditions in the city
Now, the NYC Century draws approximately 7,000 people and showcases a growing bike lane network. It is the best way for New Yorkers and visitors alike to experience the diversity and breadth of New York City. All the routes are designed to show riders the diversity of New York’s neighborhoods and how to navigate them safely. To illustrate bicyclists' right to the streets, there are no street closings on the NYC Century -- bicyclists ride with traffic and obey all traffic laws.
- Tour Schedule, including start times/locations, rest stops, finish festival, marshals, medics, cutoff times
- Course Routes
- Packet and Bib Pickup
- Getting there
- Bike rental
- Early Registration: May 1 – June 5 $30 Ride for Vision Zero, $60 General Participation, $50 T.A. Members, $30 Youth
- Regular Registration: June 6 – August 17 $35 Ride for Vision Zero, $70 General Participation, $60 T.A. members, $40 Youth
- Late Registration: August 17 – September 10 $40 Ride for Vision Zero, $80 General Participation, $70 T.A. members; $45 Youth
- Morning of the Ride: September 13th $90 non-members, $80 members, $55 youth. Register early to guarantee your spot and secure the best rate possible!
- Note: Online registration closes at 11:59pm on September 10
- Due to the requirement that riders sign or click on a waiver, it is not possible to register over the phone. All advance registration must be done online at nyccentury.org.
- Registering as a group? Clubs, Groups or Companies can email us at email@example.com.
OR… Choose to Ride for Vision Zero!
- Raise much-needed funds to support T.A.’s street safety and advocacy programs!
- Raise $300 or more (plus discounted registration fee) to ride as part of Ride for Vision Zero… and earn great rewards [linkto: http://www.nyccentury.org/ride_vision_zero] while helping make New York City streets safer.
- Don’t want to worry about the $300 minimum? All riders can fundraise for T.A. and our fight to Vision Zero. You can still create your personal fundraising page and earn awesome prices.
- For more information about bicycling in New York City, check out BikeNYC.org. It’s the definitive source for bike discounts, events and tips -- and it’s powered by New York City cyclists!
- Contact us with any questions at 212 629-8080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.